The Moravian Church is…..
A church where people matter and where love and compassion flow freely from God through People.
Our Motto: In essentials unity; in nonessentials, liberty; in all things, love.
The Moravian Church is a worldwide, Protestant denomination with roots that predate Luther (1457). It was founded in Moravia, now a part of the Czech Republic. Moravians have been serving Christ in the United States for over 250 years.
We Believe in:
- God as Trinity
- The Holy Bible as the primary guide for life and faith
- The sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion
- Spiritual growth through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
“Since you have accepted Christ Jesus as Lord, live in union with him. Keep your roots deep in him, build your lives on him, and become stronger in your faith” (Colossians. 2:6-7).
A Moravian is:
- One who claims Jesus Christ as Chief Elder and seeks to follow him daily
- One who seeks to build community
- One who seeks to worship God within a community of faith, and also in daily devotion
- One who seeks to deepen their faith through prayer, study and teaching
- One who seeks to joyfully give back to God with time, talent, and treasure
- One who looks upon others as children of God and seeks to love and respect them despite differences
- One who seeks to compassionately share Christ’s’ love with the world in both word and deed
- One who seeks to work in partnership with all Christians to carry out Christ’s mission in the world
The Church is recognized and accepted by all major churches and is a Charter Member of the National and World Councils of Churches.
The Rt. Rev. J. Christian Giesler, Pastor firstname.lastname@example.org
Linda Wisser, Director of Growth and Development
Martha Cox Popichak, Director of Music
Christopher Klump, Director of Brass Choir
Melissa Heckman, Secretary
Al Kneller, Sexton
148 Main Street, Emmaus, PA 18049
(At the corner of Keystone & Main)
Hours: Monday through Friday 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
Phone 610-965-6067 Fax 610-966-5420
If you have questions, comments or content changes about this Web site,
please e-mail: EMCWebmaster.